Double click to edit
Effective Date: 8th March 2023
Thanks for visiting avelia.co.uk. We respect your privacy. When it comes to your personal information we believe in transparency not surprises. That’s why we’ve set out here what personal information we collect, what we do with it and your choices and rights.
1. Personal information we collect
We collect various personal information regarding you or your device. This includes the following:
- Information you provide to create an Account, specifically email address, first name and last name. If you sign up for Paid Services, we receive a portion of your payment information from our payment processor (such as the last four digits, the country of issue and the expiration date of the payment card) and we ask you to select your jurisdiction.
- The emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as customer support enquiries or posts to our customer message boards or forums. Please be aware that information on public parts of our site is available to others.
- Information you share with us in connection with surveys.
- Information from your use of the site. This includes IP addresses.
2. How we collect personal information
We obtain personal information from various sources:
- You provide some of it directly (such as by registering).
- We record some of it automatically (with technologies like cookies).
3. How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we obtain about you for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you, including sending you emails about your transactions and service-related announcements.
- Surveys . Administering surveys and other promotions.
- Promotion. Promoting our services and sending you tailored marketing communications about products, services, and promotions. For example, we may send different marketing communications to you based on other information we hold about you.
- Improving our Services. For example, if we learn that most Users use a particular feature, we might wish to expand on that feature.
- Security. Ensuring the security and integrity of our Services.
- Protection. Protecting our and others’ interests, rights and property (e.g. to protect our Users from abuse).
- Complying with the law. Complying with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests.
We process your personal information for the above purposes when:
- Consent. You have consented to the use of your personal information in a particular way. When you consent, you can change your mind at any time.
- Performance of a contract. We need your personal information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your enquiries.
- Legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your personal information, such as to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
- Protecting you and others. To protect your vital interests, or those of others.
4. How we share your personal information
We share personal information in the following ways:
- Process payments. We transmit your personal information via an encrypted connection to our payment processor.
- Following the law or protecting rights and interests. We disclose your personal information if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or prevent fraud.
5. Your rights and choices
You can access, update, change or delete personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the required changes. You can exercise your other rights (including deleting your Account) by also contacting us at the same email address. Please note that we may need to verify your identity in connection with your requests, and such verification process may require you to provide us with additional information . If we are unable to verify your identity or request, we may not, in accordance with applicable law, be able to fulfil your request.
Please note that, for technical reasons, there is likely to be a delay in deleting your personal information from our systems when you ask us to delete it. We also will retain personal information in order to comply with the law, protect our and others’ rights, resolve disputes or enforce our legal terms or policies, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
You may have the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information or to exercise a right to data portability under applicable law. You also may have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority, subject to applicable law.
Additionally, if we rely on consent for the processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw it at any time and free of charge. When you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
6. How we protect your personal information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorised alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing, of the personal information in our possession.
7. How we retain your personal information
The precise periods for which we keep your personal information vary depending on the nature of the information and why we need it. Factors we consider in determining these periods include the minimum required retention period prescribed by law or recommended as best practice, the period during which a claim can be made with respect to an agreement or other matter. For example, the period we keep your email address is connected to how long your Account is active, while the period for which we keep a support message is based on how long has passed since the last submission in the thread.
Please note that in the course of providing the Services, we collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized or de-personalized information which we may retain indefinitely.
9. How to contact us
Website designed by Copyright © 2024